The new “Pirates of the Caribbean” is finally here, and I couldn’t be more excited about it! Pirates is my favorite movie of all time, and I have had a countdown for over a year for this movie on my phone. If you haven’t seen it yet, you definitely should. If you need more reasons than it just being Pirates then here are 10:
1. It is one of the funniest movies
There were multiple points throughout the movie where I couldn’t stop heartily laughing. Jack Sparrow was on top of his humor game.
2. It combined elements from every film
There were undead pirates (the first movie), an enemy who was tricked by Jack (the second movie), a witch-type character who we couldn’t tell if she was for or against Jack (the third movie) and a legendary thing to seek out (the fourth movie).
3. It had more than one unexpected twist
I won’t give any spoilers here!
4. Salazar’s ship
It could basically eat other ships. It was awesome.
5. They try to rob a bank but end up robbing an entire building
It’d be easier for you to just see it than me try to explain it
6. We learn Jack’s origin story
And the CGI to make Jack look younger is remarkable.
7. Some old friends return
*cough cough* the Turners.
8. Jack’s uncle
A skeleton walks into a bar . . .
9. Jack may or may not get back his precious Pearl
10. There’s a little surprise after the credits
Make sure to stay and watch!